This week’s GMAT challenge from PrepForTests.com is a data sufficiency question.
Work out which of the statements 1 and 2 are required to answer the question.
A car hire firm charges $30 a day plus a x cents for each mile travelled over 30 miles a day. How many cents per mile does the car hire firm charge after the first 30 miles?
- The cost of hiring the car for one day in which it travelled 100 miles was $51.
- The cost of hiring the car to travel 120 miles in one day was $6 more than hiring the car to travel 100 miles.
- Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient
- Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient
- BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient
- EACH statement ALONE is sufficient
- Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient
Have a go at answering this and then review your answer.
Interested in reading more? Click HERE to see more test prep advice.