UCLA Anderson School of Management has released the essay questions for the 2010-2011 admissions season. First-time applicants must respond to two required essays, while reapplicants are asked to respond to only one required essay. Both new candidates and reapplicants may respond to two optional essays that are the same for both groups.
Required Essays for First-time Applicants:
Please be introspective and authentic in your responses. Content is more important than style of delivery. We value the opportunity to learn about your life experiences, aspirations, and goals.
1. What event or life experience has had the greatest influence in shaping your character and why? (750 words)
2. Describe your short-term and long-term career goals. What is your motivation for pursuing an MBA now and how will UCLA Anderson help you to achieve your goals? (750 words)
Required Essay for Reapplicants:
Reapplicants who applied for the entering Fall 2009 or 2010 class are required to complete the following essay.
1. Please describe your career progress since you last applied and ways in which you have enhanced your candidacy. Include updates on short-term and long-term career goals, as well as your continued interest in UCLA Anderson. (750 words)
Optional Essays for First-Time Applicants and Reapplicants:
The following essays are strictly optional. These essays are for individuals who would like to provide additional information. No preference is given in the evaluation process to applicants who submit optional essays.
1. You may respond to the following question via written essay, audio or video clip: What is something people will find surprising about you?
2. Are there any extenuating circumstances in your profile about which the Admissions Committee should be aware? (250 words)
* * * * *
If you are feeling stumped by your application essays and need some additional guidance, check out our NEW series of essay guides for MBA applications. Columbia, Harvard, Kellogg, Stanford and Wharton available now. They are seriously terrific and we are proud to say that almost every person who has ordered one has come back for more!