Category Archives: School News
July 8, 2016
The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University has posted the application deadlines, three short-answer questions and two required essay questions for the 2016-2017 MBA admissions season. Deadlines Early Action Deadline: September 13, 2016 Decision …
Deadline: September 13, 2016
Decision notification: October 20, 2016
Deadline: October 13, 2016
Decision notification: December 16, 2016
Deadline: January 4, 2017
Decision notification: March 15, 2017
Deadline: March 20, 2017
Decision notification: April 17, 2017
The Early Action option is ideal for applicants who have completed their MBA research and have decided that this is the best program for them. Applicants admitted in Early Action must submit a tuition deposit along with official transcript(s) by December 9, 2016.
If your ability to enroll is dependent upon receiving merit-based scholarship assistance, you should apply during Early Action, Round 1, or Round 2.
International Applicants: you must apply during Early Action, Round 1, or Round 2 for visa processing.
Re-applicants: reapply for during Early Action or Round 1.
Required Short Answer Questions
Instructions: Answer all 3 of the following questions. For each question, respond in 500 characters only (the equivalent of about 100 words).
What are your short-term goals, post-MBA?
What are your long-term goals?
Life is full of uncertainties, and plans and circumstances can change. As a result, navigating a career requires you to be adaptable. Should the short-term goals that you provided above not materialize what alternative directions have you considered?
First Required Essay: 25 Random Things About Yourself
Instructions: Present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 25. Some points may be only a few words, while others may be longer. Your complete list should not exceed 2 pages.
The “Team Fuqua” spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of “25 Random Things About Yourself.” As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire’s professional and academic background, so learning these “25 Random Things” helps us get to know someone’s personality, background, special talents, and more.
In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you–beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of “25 Random Things” about YOU.
Second Required Essay
Instructions: Your response should be no more than 2 pages in length.
Fuqua prides itself on cultivating a culture of engagement. Our students enjoy a wide range of student-led organizations that provide opportunities for leadership development and personal fulfillment, as well as an outlet for contributing to society. Our student-led government, clubs, centers, and events are an integral part of the student culture and are vital to providing you with a range of experiential learning and individual development experiences.
Based on your understanding of the Fuqua culture, how do you see yourself engaging in and contributing to our community, outside of the classroom?
If you feel there are circumstances of which the Admissions Committee should be aware, please explain them in an optional essay (such as unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance).
Do NOT upload additional essays nor additional recommendations in this area of the application.
The Optional Essay is intended to provide the Admissions Committee with insight into your circumstances only.
Limit your response to one page.
For more information, please visit the Duke MBA admissions website.
July 7, 2016
The Judge Business School at Cambridge University has posted the MBA application deadlines and essay questions for the 2016-2017 admissions cycle. Deadlines Round 1 Application Deadline: September 9, 2016 Interview Date: October 24, 2016 Round …
Application Deadline: September 9, 2016
Interview Date: October 24, 2016
Application Deadline: October 21, 2016
Interview Date: December 5, 2016
Application Deadline: January 6, 2017
Interview Dates: February 20, 2017 and February 27, 2017
Application Deadline: March 10, 2017
Interview Date: April 24, 2017
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
Interview Date: June 12, 2017
Candidates should submit their application by 17:00 GMT on the day of their chosen deadline.
- What did you learn from your most spectacular failure? (200 words)
- What are your short and long term career objectives? What skills/characteristics do you already have that will help you to achieve them? What do you hope to gain from the degree and how do you feel it will help you achieve the career objectives you have? (please do not exceed 500 words)
The application for entry in 2017 is now open. For more information, please visit the Judge Business School admissions website.
July 7, 2016
University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School has posted the following MBA application deadlines and essay questions for the 2016-2017 application season. Deadlines Stage 1 Application due: September 9, 2016 Decision released: October 14, 2016 Stage 2 …
Application due: September 9, 2016
Decision released: October 14, 2016
Application due: October 28, 2016
Decision released: December 9, 2016
Application due: January 6, 2017
Decision released: March 3, 2017
Application due: March 17, 2017
Decision released: April 28, 2017
Application due: May 5, 2017
Decision released: June 9, 2017
Application due: June 9, 2017
Decision released: July 7, 2017
Access to the online application form at Oxford Saïd will be open from August 1, 2016.
- How do you fit with Oxford Saïd’s mission? (Maximum 500 words)
- Is there anything not covered in the application form which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you? (Maximum 250 words)
If you are applying under the 1+1 scheme you also need to submit the following essay:
- Explain why you see this as particularly beneficial for you and how it fits with your careers and personal development aims (Maximum 250 words)
Re-applicants will need to complete the essays mentioned above and another essay on the topic:
- What improvements have you made in your candidacy since you last applied to the Oxford MBA? (Maximum 250 words)
For more information, please visit the Oxford MBA admissions website.
July 6, 2016
Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business has previewed the updated MBA essay questions for the 2016-2017 admissions season this week on the Tuck 360 MBA Blog. According to the school, these revised essays come in response to the …
Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business has previewed the updated MBA essay questions for the 2016-2017 admissions season this week on the Tuck 360 MBA Blog. According to the school, these revised essays come in response to the increasingly dynamic and diverse global economy, which necessitates values-driven leadership.
Per the Tuck MBA admissions team: Please respond fully but concisely to the following essay questions. There are no right or wrong answers. We encourage applicants to limit the length of their responses to 500 words for each essay. Please double-space your responses.
- (Required) Tuck educates wise leaders who better the world of business. What are your short- and long-term goals? How will a Tuck MBA enable you to become a wise leader with global impact?
- (Required) As a diverse and global community, our students arrive at the same place from many different paths. Tell us about an experience in which you have had to live, learn and/or work with other people very different from yourself. What challenges and/or opportunities did you experience, how did you respond, and what did you learn about yourself as a result?
- (Optional) Please provide any additional insight or information that you have not addressed elsewhere that may be helpful in reviewing your application (e.g., unusual choice of evaluators, weaknesses in academic performance, unexplained job gaps or changes, etc.). Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented by this application.
- (Required from Reapplicants) How have you strengthened your candidacy since you last applied? Please reflect on how you have grown personally and professionally.
The Fall 2017 application will go live soon, so please check with the Tuck School MBA admissions website for more information and details about the program.
You may also be interested in:
Image credit: Wiki Commons CC BY-SA 3.0
July 5, 2016
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University has posted the MBA essay prompts for the 2016-2017 admissions season. The two required essays are: Leadership and teamwork are integral parts of the Kellogg experience. Describe a …
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University has posted the MBA essay prompts for the 2016-2017 admissions season.
The two required essays are:
- Leadership and teamwork are integral parts of the Kellogg experience. Describe a recent and meaningful time you were a leader. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)
- Pursuing an MBA is a catalyst for personal and professional growth. How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow at Kellogg? (450 words)
Certain applicants will respond to additional questions:
- Dual-degree applicants: For applicants to the MMM or JD-MBA dual degree programs, please explain why that program is right for you. (250 words)
- Re-applicants: Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 word limit)
All applicants have the opportunity to provide explanations or clarification in the section designated for additional information.
If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.) (no word count)
For more information, please visit the Kellogg School MBA admissions website.
You may also be interested in:
July 5, 2016
The Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia has previewed the MBA application deadlines and new essay question for the 2016-2017 admissions cycle via the Darden MBA Blog. Deadlines Round 1: October 4, 2016 Round …
The Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia has previewed the MBA application deadlines and new essay question for the 2016-2017 admissions cycle via the Darden MBA Blog.
Round 1: October 4, 2016
Round 2: January 9, 2017
Round 3: April 6, 2017
Describe the most important professional feedback you have received and how you responded to this feedback. (500 words)
In asking this question, the Admissions Committee invites you to reflect on your professional experience – both the lessons you learned and how you have used that information to move forward. Through your answer, Darden hopes to learn more about your background and about how you use feedback to better yourself, as well as how well you can articulate your learnings.