Deadlines, Essay Questions for HBS Class of 2013
Harvard Business School has announced the program deadlines for the MBA Class of 2013, indicated below. In the latest update to the Director’s Blog, Dee Leopold explains that final dates for Round 3 will be determined in early July as HBS assesses how much of an overlap it needs with the 2+2 application timeline.
Deadline: October 1, 2010 at 12 noon EST
Notification: December 14, 2010
Deadline: January 11, 2011 at 12 noon EST
Notification: March 29, 2011
Question 1 (600 words):
What are your three most substantial accomplishments and why do you view them as such?
Question 2 (400 words):
What have you learned from a mistake?
Please respond to two of the following (400 words):
- What would you like the MBA Admissions Board to know about your undergraduate academic experience?
- What is your career vision and why is this choice meaningful to you?
- Tell us about a time in your professional experience when you were frustrated or disappointed.
- When you join the HBS Class of 2013, how will you introduce yourself to your new classmates?
Joint program applicants for the Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard Law School, and Harvard Kennedy School must provide an additional essay (400 words):
- How do you expect the joint degree experience to benefit you on both a professional and personal level?
All essays should be single-spaced and limited to the length indicated.
* * * * *
If you are feeling stumped by your application essays and need some additional guidance, check out our NEW series of essay guides for MBA applications. Columbia, Harvard, Kellogg, Stanford and Wharton available now. They are seriously terrific and we are proud to say that almost every person who has ordered one has come back for more!