Are you interested in Emory University’s Goizueta Business School? Then it’s time to start brainstorming! The Emory MBA essays for the 2019-2020 application season have been announced.
Instructions for the Emory MBA Essays
Complete all required essays, following the word limits indicated for each question. The essays must be answered and submitted for your application to be considered complete. Remember to review each question carefully.
We consider essays to be a very important part of the application process, and they are your opportunity to show the Admissions Committee a bit about yourself beyond the application itself. Applicants who apply to more than one MBA program will only complete the essay question requirement related to their first-preference program.
Essay One: Post-MBA Career Goals
Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience, and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
Essay Two: Leadership in Business
The business school is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth.
Roberto Goizueta’s core values guide us in educating Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise. Provide an example of your leadership in a professional setting and explain what you learned about yourself through the experience. (300 word limit)
Please select ONE of the following topics to share with us using the video essay feature. Your comments should last no more than 60 seconds and you have the option to re-record until you are satisfied, before submitting.
- Of Goizueta Business School’s core values (Courage, Integrity, Accountability, Rigor, Diversity, Team, Community), which one resonates the most with you and why?
- What is the best advice you have received and how have you used it in your life or career?
- Outside of family and work, what is something that you are passionate about and why?
Should you feel there is an important part of your story missing from your application (e.g., unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic probation issues), please use this section to provide a brief explanation. We ask that you limit your response to 100 words; responses in bullet point format are preferred.
Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past are required to answer the following questions:
- Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
- Explain how you have improved your candidacy for Goizueta Business School’s MBA since your last application. (250 word limit)
For more information on applying, please visit the Emory MBA admissions website. If you need guidance on your Emory MBA essays and application, or wish to discuss your business school plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!