Haas Admissions Essays for Fall 2011 Application
While the official release of its online application is slated for mid-August, UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business has posted its updated essay topics for the 2010-2011 MBA application season.
This year, the Haas admissions essays include four short answer questions and two long essays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are you most passionate about? Why? (250-word maximum)
2. Tell us about your most significant accomplishment. (250-word maximum)
3. At Haas, our distinctive culture is defined by four key principles ”” question the status quo; confidence without attitude; students always; and beyond yourself. Give an example of when you have demonstrated one of these principles. (250 words maximum, Review Berkeley-Haas’ Defining Principles)
4. There are many ways to learn about our program, what steps have you taken to learn about the Berkeley MBA? (250-word maximum)
1. Give us an example of a situation in which you displayed leadership. (500 word maximum)
2. What are your post-MBA short-term and long-term career goals? How do your professional experiences relate to these goals? How will an MBA from Berkeley help you achieve these specific career goals? (1000 word maximum)