Can we get you into HBS and…Why SBC?
Q – I want to go to HBS. How can SBC help?
A – We can share our value only after we validate that your target schools are within reach for your profile. We can’t assure every inquiry that our partnership will produce HBS or a comparable admit. We prefer to be honest, as we have our reputation to uphold. Let us first answer “if” before we can answer “how.” We’d love your full resume so we can provide tailored feedback.
Q – How are SBC consultants different?
A – With our 18+ year tenure and strong brand, SBC boasts a team that is complete and robust. 75% of our MBA consultant team hails the top seven MBA programs as MBA graduates and/or are former MBA Admissions Officers. SBC is the only consulting firm in the industry who has on our team:
- a 5+ year tenured HBS Admissions Officer who also holds an HBS MBA
- a former GSB Admissions Officer who also worked at Haas as Director of Admissions
- 3 former Kellogg Admissions Officers who also hold Kellogg MBAs
- 4 former Wharton Admissions officers including two from Wharton Lauder
- EU school inside knowledge with former Admissions Officers from both LBS and INSEAD
Q – Will I work with one consultant or a team?
A – SBC offers unlimited time with a carefully selected Primary Consultant, allowing for full accountability and dedication. Your identity and character is best captured with one consultant completely responsible for your success. SBC also believes in checks and balances, as it has the Flight Test™ which is a complete review by a former Admissions Officer. This structured feedback from a former Admissions Officer mimics a real AdComm review and helps to ensure that your application is most compelling to the target audience.
Because of the breadth of our team, we can also offer additional checks and reviews by relevant team members when relevant.
Q – What inside information do you offer that will give me the edge? Will hiring SBC give me an advantage over working with my friend who is an MBA grad?
A – SBC’s reach, contacts, and connections converge to benefit our clients. We know what’s going on, and we know it first. We have former Admissions Officers (AdCom) from every top MBA program who are informing us of the current internal program priorities. We have tremendous insight as to what is currently keeping the AdComm up at night and what values they are looking for from their current students. We have solid relationships with schools, media, Deans, admissions officers, professors, major media outlets and of course, thousands of students and alumni. We tap into up-to-the-minute insights: such as, “Columbia is filling up – get your application in NOW.”
Q – What types of clients do you work with? How do you match with the Primary Consultant?
A – The SBC client pool mirrors the diversity of the MBA student landscape. We work with consultants and financial professionals but we also work with doctors, teachers, military, entrepreneurs, athletes and rock stars. Our clients are worldwide and reflect every background imaginable.
SBC limits the number of clients for each consultant and engages with clients only after our team evaluates and validates candidacy strength. SBC first takes the time to understand the nuances of a profile before Primary Consultant matching. SBC’s matchmaking process includes criteria such as track record with target schools, alignment of demographic, ethnicity, nationality with consultant’s expertise, and consultant proficiency with industry category. Consultant level of interest and belief in the client is also closely monitored and honored. This concierge matching allows SBC to activate the right fit consultant and ensure a mutually enthusiastic relationship.
Q – How is SBC different from other consulting firms?
A – Here are just a few of the many ways that SBC is different:
- SBC has an 18-year tenure that has enabled us to retain the most complete and elite team of consultants and resources. This tenure and talent uniquely delivers both honesty and results.
- SBC has the highest number of online reviews across multiple sites on the Internet. Google “Stacy Blackman Consulting” and check out our online reviews. This is unparalleled Internet accountability.
- SBC’s engagement model of a dedicated consultant with additional review by our AdComm team.
- SBC’s marketing-driven approach. We hone in on client core attributes as defined by personal and professional experiences over time and tailor that brand to the respective MBA Admissions audiences.
- Since 2001, SBC clients have received remarkable rates of acceptances to and scholarships from every top business school in the world. In 2016, SBC clients received over $2.3 million in scholarship offers.