The Goizueta Business School at Emory University has posted the following required essays for the 2018-19 MBA admissions season.
Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
The business school is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth. Mr. Goizueta’s core values guide us in educating Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise.
Provide an example of your leadership – professional or personal – and explain what you learned about yourself through the experience. (300 word limit)
Complete one of the following statements. (250 word limit)
- I am passionate about…
- The best piece of advice I’ve received is…
- The best day of my life was…
- A personal goal I want to accomplish is…
Share with the committee and your future classmates a fun or noteworthy fact about you. (25 word limit)
If you have additional information or feel there are extenuating circumstances which you would like to share with the MBA Admissions Committee (i.e. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance issues or areas of weakness in application). Please limit your response to 250 words.
Applicants who have applied to Goizueta Business School in the past are required to answer the following questions:
- Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
- Explain how you have improved your candidacy for Goizueta Business School’s MBA Program since your last application. (250 word limit)
You may also submit the optional essay if you wish.
For additional information on applying, please visit the Emory/Goizueta admissions website.