The UC Berkeley Haas School of Business has announced the required and optional essays that form a part of the 2013-2014 MBA application for admission. Although Haas School hasn’t reduced the number of essays quite as dramatically as other programs have this year, the school is now posing four instead of five required essay questions.
- If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why? (250 word maximum)
- What is your most significant accomplishment? (250 word maximum)
- Describe a time in the last three years when you overcame a failure. What specific insight from this experience has shaped your development? (250 word maximum)
- a. What are your post-MBA short-term and long-term career goals? How have your professional experiences prepared you to achieve these goals?
b. How will an MBA from Haas help you achieve these goals? (750 word maximum for 4a. and 4b.)
- Please feel free to provide a statement concerning any information you would like to add to your application that you haven’t addressed elsewhere. (500 word maximum)
- If not clearly evident, please discuss ways in which you have demonstrated strong quantitative abilities, or plan to strengthen quantitative abilities. You do not need to list courses that appear on your transcript. (250 word maximum)