The Richard Ivey School of Business Admissions and Recruiting Blog did some “myth busting” Wednesday with a great and informative post that addressed some of the more common preconceptions about the admissions process for their program, which are…
- Ivey has a quota of offers/admitted candidates they must meet in each round.
- People with high GMAT scores will automatically receive an interview/offer of admission.
- Candidates who have a similar profile as someone who is already admitted/declined will have the same outcome as well.
- Candidates are notified either way if they are accepted or declined an interview or offer.
- Every admitted candidate has at least one interview.
- Ivey makes all of its admissions offers on the same days, at the same time.
- Ivey is known for Consulting and Finance, so there aren’t many career opportunities outside of these industries.
Can you tell which of these statements are facts and which are pure fiction? Test your knowledge and visit the Ivey admissions blog for the complete scoop.
For a concise, thoughtful guide that will help you navigate the MBA admissions process with greater success, order our NEW book, The MBA Application Roadmap.