B-Schooled Podcast Episode #162: Candidacy “Question Marks” (Part 2)
Many MBA applicants have a less-than-perfect profile. They may be lacking in extracurriculars, have middling test scores, or have a few blemishes on their academic record. We’re here to tell you that if that’s your situation, don’t fret. You’re in good company! The next step is finding out how to mitigate those weaknesses. In a continuation of B-Schooled episode #158 on “candidacy question marks”—or red flags on an MBA candidate’s record—this week’s episode covers what to do if you:
• have employment gaps in your career,
• are unemployed when you apply,
• get laid off or fired after you submit your materials, or
• have something like a DUI or honor code violation from college on your record.
Part 1 covered what to do if you have:
• A low GPA
• A low test score
• A few low grades within an overall decent GPA
• A lack of extracurriculars
• A lack of work experience, and
• “Too much” work experience (or when an applicant is older than the rest of the candidate pool)
You can check out this B-Schooled episode right here or take a listen on any of the podcast platforms below.
B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:
Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
Now, why not hop over to our new MBA community on Discord? That’s where you’ll find exclusive insights from the SBC team, explore our resources, and connect with fellow current and prospective MBA applicants. This is a space to share and learn about the MBA admissions process, whether you’re still debating if business school is for you or you’re already on your way with your application journey. Join the party today!