B-Schooled Podcast Episode #165: Using an MBA in Emerging Sectors (Like Space!)
B-Schooled host Chandler Arnold sits down with his long-time friend and fellow Stanford GSB alum Carie Lemack to talk about using an MBA in the aerospace field (specifically) and emerging industries (more generally). Carie has served as a CEO and COO in aerospace enterprises, as an advisor to a number of aerospace startups, and is the co-founder of the Zed Factor Fellowship Program, a fellowship that empowers aspiring space and aviation professionals from historically excluded backgrounds.
In this wide-ranging conversation, Chandler and Carie laugh a lot. They also have radically candid conversations about a variety of topics, including:
• Advice for people interested in using their MBAs in Aerospace and other emerging industries,
• Tips for breaking into a new industry from a nontraditional background,
• Practical suggestions for how to follow your passion in order to transition into a new field or sector,
• Suggestions for women working in typically male-dominated industries,
• Suggestions for current (and future) MBA students thinking about how to prioritize their time in business school,
• How to choose the “fights worth fighting for” in business school and in life, and
• Advice for MBA applicants doubting whether or not they “have what it takes” when applying to business school.
This B-Schooled episode can be found here, or take a listen on any of the major podcast platforms below.
Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!