Georgetown McDonough Fall 2018 MBA Essays
The McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University has published the updated application essays for the 2017-18 admissions cycle. Per the admissions website:
We want to hear your story. When responding to our required essays, be authentic and take time to reflect on your goals and past experiences. Craft a response that explains how these experiences led you to pursue an MBA.
- Essay One: Please answer the following essay question in 500 words or less: “Describe a defining moment when you were challenged and exceeded expectations.” The moment can be a professional or personal one. If personal, then please also include how it had an impact on your professional development.
- Video Essay: Please introduce yourself to your future Georgetown MBA cohort in a one minute video. The Admissions Committee would like for you to appear in person during part of your video, and we strongly encourage you to speak outside of the experiences we can read on your resume. You may paste the link to your Youtube or Vimeo video in your application. Please note that we cannot accept private or password protected videos. For more instructions, view our Video Essay Guide.
- Optional Essay One: If you are not currently employed full-time, use this essay to provide information about your current activities. (250 words or fewer)
- Optional Essay Two: Please provide any information you would like to add to your application that you have not otherwise included. (500 words or fewer)
- Re-Applicant Essay: Required for re-applicants. How have you strengthened your candidacy since your last application? We are particularly interested in hearing about how you have grown professionally and personally. (500 words or fewer)
“We changed this year’s essay to try to better assess the resilience of our applicants,” says Shari Hubert, associate dean of MBA Admissions. “There will be challenging times during the MBA program, so it’s important for students to have resolve, confidence, and coping skills that enable them to exceed even their own expectations as they pursue their MBA and prepare to re-enter the workforce as principled leaders who will have an impact on both business and society.”
For additional information on applying, please visit the Georgetown MBA admissions website.