MBA Essay Goals From UC Berkeley
The following are the MBA essay goals from UC Berkeley. UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business has announced the essay questions for the full-time MBA class entering fall 2013. The school asks applicants to use the essays as an opportunity to share the values, experiences, and accomplishments that have helped shape who you are.
- If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why? (250 word maximum)
- What is your most significant accomplishment? (250 word maximum)
- Describe a time when you questioned an established practice or thought within an organization. How did your actions create positive change? (250 word maximum)
- Describe a time when you were a student of your own failure. What specific insight from this experience has shaped your development? (250 word maximum)
- a. What are your post-MBA short-term and long-term career goals? How have your professional experiences prepared you to achieve these goals?
b. How will an MBA from Haas help you achieve these goals? (750 word maximum for 5a. and 5b.)
- Please feel free to provide a statement concerning any information you would like to add to your application that you haven’t addressed elsewhere. (500 word maximum)
- If not clearly evident, please discuss ways in which you have demonstrated strong quantitative abilities, or plan to strengthen quantitative abilities. You do not need to list courses that appear on your transcript. (250 word maximum)
The fall 2013 application will be available in August.