New Ranking Shows Top Choice B-Schools for 2016 Applicants
Ready4, a Boston-area company that creates test prep apps, has unveiled its second annual rankings of the most desired business schools around the globe. Unlike traditional business school rankings that are based on complex methodology and, in many cases, information self reported by participating schools, Ready4’s rankings represent the voice of current and prospective students and provide unique insight into what schools students most want to attend.
This ranking represents the top schools chosen by 250,000 users of Ready4GMAT app using its “School Matcher” and “Top Picks” functions.
The Top 25 Most Desired Business Schools
3. University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
4. MIT (Sloan)
5. Indian School of Business
7. London Business School
8. New York University (Stern)
10. University of California Berkeley (Haas)
11. University of Chicago (Booth)
12. Northwestern (Kellogg)
13. Indian Institute of Management
15. Duke (Fuqua)
16. University of Oxford
17. London School of Economics
18. HEC Paris
20. University of Cambridge
21. National University of Singapore
23. SP Jain Institute of Management
24. University of Michigan Ann Arbor (Ross)
25. Dartmouth (Tuck)
Notable observations from this year’s ranking include:
- Harvard Business School and Stanford Graduate School of Business are the top two most desired schools for the second year in a row, while the University of Pennsylvania Wharton School moved up two positions into the third spot, displacing MIT Sloan School of Management, which is now fourth
- University of California Berkeley Haas School of Business made the biggest leap in the Top 10 category, moving up 5 positions (15 in 2015 to 10 in 2016)
- Four schools are new to the list this year: London School of Economics (17), Cornell Johnson Graduate School of Management (19), University of Michigan Ross School of Business (24) and Dartmouth Tuck School of Business (25)
- Five schools fell off the list of the Most Desired Schools in this year’s ranking: Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business, University of Cambridge Judge Business School, Boston College, Imperial College London, USC Marshall School of Business
Statistics represent the time period between September 2015 and September 2016, and users were allowed to pick more than one school.
“With more than a million downloads of our test prep apps, Ready4 sits in a unique position to not only understand where students want to pursue their MBA or other business degree, but also to guide them on their journey to find and get into the right program,” says Elad Shoushan, Ready4’s founder and CEO.
“We are in business to ensure that a generation is ready, willing and able to take on the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century economy, and in many cases, that starts with helping match students to their preferred schools and preparing them to get the scores they need to be considered in the admissions process.”