Stanford GSB Essay Questions for Class of 2017
The Stanford Graduate School of Business has updated its admissions website with the two essays required for the 2014-2015 MBA application. These questions remain essentially unchanged from last year’s application, but the number of required essays this year has dropped from three to two.
Essay A: What matters most to you, and why?(650-850 suggested word count)
A strong response to this question will:
- Focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
- Reflect the self-examination process you used to write your response.
- Genuinely illustrate who you are and how you came to be the person you are.
- Share the insights, experiences, and lessons that shaped your perspectives, rather than focusing merely on what you’ve done or accomplished.
- Be written from the heart, and illustrate how a person, situation, or event has influenced you.
Essay B: Why Stanford? (250-450 suggested word count)
Enlighten us on how earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
A strong response to this essay question will:
- Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
- Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
Your answers for both essay questions combined may not exceed 1,100 words.
For more information, visit the Stanford GSB admissions website.