The Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley has announced the updated MBA essay questions for the fall 2016 application. The culture of the school is governed by four defining principles: Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always, and Beyond Yourself. In answering these essay questions, candidates should reflect on the values, experiences, and accomplishments that have shaped them.
- If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why? (250 word maximum)
- Please respond to one of the following prompts: (250 word maximum)
- Describe an experience that has fundamentally changed the way you see the world and how it transformed you.
- Describe a significant accomplishment and why it makes you proud.
- Describe a difficult decision you have made and why it was challenging.
- Tell us about your path to business school and your future plans. How will the Berkeley-Haas experience help you along this journey? (500 word maximum)
- Optional: Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps or your quantitative abilities. (500 word maximum)
The Fall 2016 application deadlines will be posted in June, and the online application will be available in August.
Join us and @GMATClubForum on Wednesday, June 24 at noon EST for a Twitter party! Use #AskStacy to get all of your MBA questions answered. RSVP to be eligible for a prize from us: https://goo.gl/p73IYG