It’s time for Round 1 applicants to get their recommenders going! In this episode of the B-Schooled podcast, host Erika details:
• The most important recommender criteria
• What you should do if you can’t ask your direct manager for a letter
• What you should do if you don’t want anyone at your company to know of your MBA plans
• If it’s OK to use college professors or extracurricular contacts as recommenders
• Whether seniority or alumni status matters
• Whether “side letters” are effective
• What you should do if you’ve worked for more than one company since college
• What you should do if you haven’t worked with one of your recommenders for some time, and finally
• What you should do if you work for a family-owned business
Listen to B-Schooled episode #12 here, or on any of the podcast apps listed below.
B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:
Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. If there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!