B-Schooled Podcast Episode #153: Connecting with MBA Students, Faculty and Alums
Today on B-Schooled, we offer a deep dive into an aspect of the MBA application process that many forget about: connecting with students, faculty, and alums at your target schools. There are SO MANY REASONS why this is a vital thing to do.
Not only does it give you a direct way to thoroughly understand which school might be the best fit for you. There are also many indirect benefits, from behind-the-scenes connections to admissions committees, professional contacts, networking opportunities, and new friendships. The list goes on and on.
This episode discusses seven ways to connect with students, faculty, and alumni. Importantly, we’ve tailored our approach especially for those of you who might come from a non-traditional background and/or don’t think that you have any connections in this category.
Topics covered in this episode include:
1. Taking advantage of Zoom and other opportunities hosted by the admissions office
2. Reaching out to co-presidents of professional student clubs you might be interested in
3. Connecting with students from affinity groups you identify with
4. Approaching alumni, especially those you have something in common with
5. Considering approaching faculty and staff
6. Taking advantage of your networks (even if you don’t think you have a network)
7. Exploring national MBA affinity groups
This B-Schooled episode can be found here, or take a listen on any of the major podcast platforms below.
B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:
Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
Now, why not hop on over to our brand-new MBA community on Discord? That’s where you’ll find exclusive insights from the SBC team, explore our resources, and connect with fellow current and prospective MBA applicants. This is a space to share and learn about the MBA admissions process, whether you’re still debating if business school is for you, or you’re already well on your way with your application journey. Come join the party today!