Did you know that Stacy Blackman Consulting has former admissions officers from all of the top MBA programs on our team? Well, we do!
Our ex-adcom consultants help with Flight Test™ reviews for each of our All-In clients, contribute their inside knowledge of the admissions process to our internal message boards (so that our entire team can benefit from their experience), and can also weigh in on program-specific or client-specific questions when the need arises.
We asked these valuable resources on our team to share their insights with those of you gearing up to submit your materials in Round 2.
Here’s what they had to say. Stay tuned for more next week!
- The adcom will spend about 20 minutes in total reading all of your application materials.
- During the early part of the screening process in each round, adcom members may review as many as 50 to 100 applications per day. Details and unique stories about your personal background can make you stand out from the crowd.
- Each application is read by at least two individuals: either 2 adcom members, or the first pass is done by a contract reader, followed by an adcom member.
- Admissions teams will often compare applicants from the same industry, the same firm, or even the same office location. Your toughest competition may be working a few cubicles away.
- The application questionnaire is one of the most overlooked opportunities to highlight your accomplishments. Many candidates simply copy text from their resume into the application. It should instead be viewed as an opportunity to add rich details and expand on your limited resume bullet points.
- You can take the GMAT or GRE as many times as you want! It looks good to adcom members if you keep trying to improve your score (assuming it needs improvement).
Heed this good advice when it comes to your applications (and life in general):
Learn more about our consultants here!
Until next time,
Do you want to stay on top of the application process with timely tips like these? Please subscribe to our weekly newsletter and you’ll receive our expert advice straight in your mailbox before it appears on the blog, plus special offers, promotions, discounts, invitations to events, and more.