GMAT Challenge Question
This week’s GMAT challenge from PrepForTests.com is a data sufficiency question.
Work out which of the statements 1 and 2 are required to answer the question.
A circular archery target contains a circular bull’s eye, shaded grey in the diagram above. If an arrow is equally likely to hit any point on the archery target what is the probability that the point at which it hits the target is within the bulls eye?
- The archery target has a radius of 75cm
- The radius of the bull’s eye is one fifth the radius of the archery target
- Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient
- Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient
- BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient
- EACH statement ALONE is sufficient
- Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient
Have a go at answering this and then review your answer.
Interested in reading more? Click HERE to see more test prep advice.