Ecstatic round one applicants have begun to receive invitations to interview with the MBA programs of their dreams, so there’s no time like the present to review some basic interview etiquette, courtesy of this video featuring Sheryl Schreiber, senior associate director at the USC Marshall School of Business, and The MBA Tour.
- Make sure you’re dressed in business attire–both men and women should wear a business suit
- Offer a firm handshake, and make sure your hand is not sweaty.
- Make sure you’re friendly and personable, and realize it’s OK to be nervous.
- Make sure you’ve done your research about the program and school, and be ready to ask questions of the admissions officer
- Be late
- Answer “i don’t know” to any of AdCom’s questions
- Forget to send a thank-you note
For more interview etiquette tips, read my previous post on dressing for success.