The COVID-19 pandemic will likely continue to disrupt in-person learning when instruction is set to begin this fall. Although most programs’ planned start dates in August and September remain largely in effect, for now, the future is anything but certain. In light of this fact, the UVA Darden School of Business says it plans to offer maximum flexibility for the Darden MBA Class of 2022.
Here are the key takeaways from the school’s announcement:
- The school is still accepting applications for the Darden MBA Class of 2022. It has extended its final round on a rolling basis through July 15.
- If a prospective student has not taken the GMAT/GRE exam, Darden offers great flexibility. It now encourages Round 3 applicants to submit SAT, ACT, or country-specific university entrance exam scores.
- In addition to undergraduate GPA, the AdCom will consider other examples of academic merit. This includes certification programs, CPA, CFA, and post-baccalaureate relevant coursework, among others.
- Some students may not be able to start in August because of the ongoing global pandemic. Therefore, Darden will also offer a delayed start option for a limited portion of the incoming Class of 2022. This group will start First Year core classes in January 2021.
- Darden is deploying additional need-based aid through a hardship fund given the challenges many are facing. It will also tap into new scholarship resources.
- A new student experience fund will provide lunch each day of class for all First-Year students throughout the core curriculum.
- Darden is also using the crisis as a real-time education opportunity. The school is adding new cases and course material related to the COVID-19 crisis.
“Our message to prospective students is one of caring and flexibility,” said Executive Director of Admissions Dawna Clarke. “We know how stressful applying to business school can be in the best of times; in a time of unprecedented disruption, we stand ready to work with applicants to make this process as flexible as possible.”
You can find more details on each topic in the Darden admitted student portal. Also, school leaders will host a series of upcoming webinars to address questions and provide updates. Please visit the UV Darden admissions website for more information.