B-Schooled Podcast Episode #127: How to Pick the Right Recommenders
It’s time for Round 2 MBA applicants to start getting serious about their letters of recommendation! Some admissions committees have said that rec. letters are the single most important aspect of your MBA application, so choose wisely. This episode of B-Schooled will help you decide who to ask, as well as help you understand:
• The most important recommender criteria
• What you should do if you can’t ask your direct manager for a letter
• What you should do if you don’t want anyone at your company to know of your MBA plans
• If it’s OK to use college professors or extracurricular contacts as recommenders
• Whether seniority or alumni status matters
• Whether “side letters” are effective
• What you should do if you’ve worked for more than one company since college
• What you should do if you haven’t worked with one of your recommenders for some time, and finally
• What you should do if you work for a family-owned business
Listen to B-Schooled episode #127 here or on any of the podcast apps listed below.
B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:
Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!