Rocking the B-School Interview
How to Ace Your Business School Interview, Nick Saint’s article posted Friday on the Business Insider War Room, offers a step-by-step guide to surviving what can be the most unsettling part of the application process.
Here, in a nutshell, is what Saint advises to calm troubled nerves:
* Go into it with confidence.
* Know yourself, or the version of yourself that you want to display.
* Cover your weaknesses.
* Build up a broad base of knowledge about business and the world.
* Study the school in depth, and, if possible, research the person who will interview you too.
* Dress the part.
* Have a list of stories that you can adapt to various questions ready.
* Keep your answers concise, but always have a lot more to say.
* Stay cool.
* Know what questions to ask.
To read a backgrounder on each of these points, check out the original slide show here.
* * * * *
If you are feeling stumped by your application essays and need some additional guidance, check out our NEW series of essay guides for MBA applications. Columbia, Harvard, Kellogg, Stanford and Wharton available now. They are seriously terrific and we are proud to say that almost every person who has ordered one has come back for more!