The application to Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina is now live. Here are the updated UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA essays for the 2020-2021 admissions season.
UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Essays
From the AdCom: You’ll respond to two required essay questions and one optional question. Your responses should be concise, clear, and introspective as we’ll use them to learn more about you, your motivations, and your aspirations.
Required Essay 1
Please respond to the questions below that will assist us in learning more about you (500 words):
- What are your immediate career goals?
- How will you benefit personally and professionally from earning an MBA at UNC Kenan-Flagler?
- As the business world continues to evolve, circumstances can change that can guide you in a different direction. Should your goals that you provided above not transpire, what other opportunities would you explore?
Required Essay 2
Your response should be no longer than 300 words and should address the following question:
2020 brought many defining experiences, including: a global pandemic, changes to learning and working environments, and calls for social justice and racial equity. At UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, these experiences propel us to strengthen efforts to increase the diversity in our community, to create a more equitable and inclusive learning environment and to teach our students to manage diversity, equity and inclusion.
What have you learned about diversity, equity and inclusion in 2020? Please share your experience and what you learned about yourself as a leader. Tell us how you changed or would like to change your leadership style? If you were not leading a team, tell us what you learned at your level about diversity, equity and inclusion. How do you expect to continue that growth in the MBA program?
The optional essay (for all applicants) provides an opportunity to share additional information not presented elsewhere in your application with the admissions committee. In 150 words or less, consider addressing any of the questions below:
- If you have not completed coursework in the core business subjects (calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting), how will you prepare yourself?
- What conditions caused you to experience inconsistent academics, gaps in work, or low standardized test scores?
- How have you chosen your recommenders?
If you are re-applying to the program, we appreciate your continued interest in UNC Kenan-Flagler. We require a complete application in addition to a brief essay (100 words or less) that describes how your application differs from your previous submission and that alerts us to new test scores, a recent promotion, or other areas that demonstrate how you have strengthened your candidacy.
For more information on applying, please visit the UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA admissions website. If you need guidance on your UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA essays, or wish to discuss your MBA plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!