Kellogg MBA Essays for 2021-2022
Are you targeting Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management? Then it’s time to shift into gear. The Kellogg MBA essays for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle have just been confirmed.
The essays let you explain, in your own words, why you think Kellogg is right for you. Take some time to think through the experiences that led you here and how they have shaped where you want to go.
The following two Kellogg MBA essays are required of all applicants:
- Kellogg’s purpose is to educate, equip and inspire brave leaders who create lasting value. Provide a recent example where you have demonstrated leadership and created value. What challenges did you face and what did you learn? (450 words)
- Values are what guide you in your life and work. What values are important to you and how have they influenced you? (450 words)
Certain applicants will respond to additional questions:
1Y applicants: Please discuss your post-MBA career goal, the current experience you will leverage to support the transition, and the Kellogg 1Y opportunities that will help you reach this goal. (250 words)
MBAi applicants: The Kellogg McCormick MBAi program is designed to train the next generation of leaders who can help businesses deliver successful outcomes through AI-driven technology. This requires leaders who have both strong technical and business skills; many firms struggle to find leaders with these skills. Tell us about your firsthand experience with this disconnect between business and technology and how MBAi will prepare you to successfully lead businesses at the intersection. (450 words)
JD-MBA applicants: Please discuss your post-JD-MBA career goals and why the JD-MBA Program is the right program to help you reach those goals. (250 words)
MMM applicants: The five core values of the MMM Program are curiosity, creativity, empathy, open-mindedness and a learning mindset. Describe a situation in which you demonstrated one of these values. Why is this value an important part of the MMM experience for you? (250 words)
Reapplicants: Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 words)
All applicants have the opportunity to provide explanations or clarification in Additional Information. Use this section if you think the person reviewing your application might have a few questions about one or more of your responses. This could include:
- Unexplained gaps in work experience
- Academic, GMAT or GRE performance
- Extenuating circumstances that we should be aware of when reviewing your application
The Kellogg admissions team advises the following in regards to the video essay:
We’ve read your essays, we’ve read your resume — now we want you to bring all that to life in a video. Show us the person behind all those carefully crafted words. The video will be comprised of three questions, each designed to help you showcase your personality and share some of the experiences that brought you here today.
Video essay 1: Please introduce yourself to the admissions committee.
– Consider this your opportunity to share what you would want your future Kellogg classmates and our admissions committee to know about you. What makes you, you?
Video essay 2: What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you?
– This is an intentionally broad question so you can answer honestly and meaningfully. We want to know why you’re pursuing an MBA and why you’re choosing a particular Kellogg Full-Time Program
Video essay question #3: Share your resilience with us.
In response to the unprecedented challenges of last year, we added a new video essay question detailed in this blog post that invited students to share how they were challenged specifically due to the nature of the world in 2020 and how they responded to those challenges.
Read more specific advice for how best to prepare for the video essay here.
Kellogg’s 2022 Full-Time MBA Application is now open. For more information on applying, please visit the Kellogg School MBA admissions website. If you need guidance on your Kellogg essays and MBA application or wish to discuss your MBA plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!